03 October 2008

overwhelmed.

overwhelm
c.1330, "to turn upside down, to overthrow," from over + M.E. whelmen "to turn upside down" (see whelm). Meaning "to submerge completely" is c.1450. Perhaps the connecting notion is a boat, etc., washed over, and overset, by a big wave. Fig. sense of "to bring to ruin" is attested from 1529.

of all the definitions i found for this word, this seems to say most of what i mean.

It is the only word that comes to mind to sum up all that is going on.
Not in the negative sense of the word, but in a great fulfilling sense, my spirit is overwhelmed.
Im learning lots. Im actually (or at least i hope) soaking it all in, there's alot to process and alot to chew on in the things that I am taking in. More than i can regurgitate, at least this soon, of what God is doing inside me.

Of the things that I am beginning to see, I am learning about meditation and breaking through what they call a veil (not a wall, but a curtain that we get to push past) in the spirit. There are some really practical teachings that have really helped me engage with God.
One of the reasons I am here is to cultivate deeper intimacy with God and as I'm beginning that, I am realizing that becase i want to know Him, what He is showing me is much different than what i expected. Its less and i might even say not at all about me feeling closer to God, but more that God wants to share with me what HE cares about. It's interesting and i dont quite understand it all of course, but 3 days in and i can feel God stirring me, and planting seeds, humbling me, and teaching me things that i never knew about Him and my relationship with Him. It almost feels like i just began my life as a christian and Im realizing that i dont know a THING! its pretty darn cool, and not discouraging.

so i believe the definition i quoted up there says" to turn upside down, to overthrow. . .submerge completely and bring to ruin" yep thats pretty true and i love it.

I am really glad i get to be here, it feels right.

On top of all of this, im just so happy and excited about my relationship with Jenn. I told facebook, so some of you know, but Jenn and I are now official after spending a number of months praying about our relationship. I think she is the best thing ever and feel completely undeserving of such a righteous woman of God and I look forward to growing in our relationship. I miss her, alot.

im gonna find some dinner and then im looking forward to getting to spend the entire evening 8-12 in the prayer room.

leave me comments, i love reading them.

arin.

4 comments:

Jonathan Fulk said...

this is great, arin. i'm glad you're finding a new place in your relationship with God. you're so blessed to have this chance right now in your life to focus and learn, so soak it up indeed!

i'm happy to hear about jenn! i don't think i know her, but it's good to know the name of this "mystery girl" you referred to on FB.

Chelsea Cobb said...

hey buddy!
i am so excited to start reading your blog and to follow along your journey with you. i hope your time away continues to be filled with such great surprises and continues to leave you feeling joyfully overwhelmed. i am so happy to read that your flight went well and your first days are good. it makes me feel so great knowing that you get to do this for a month, the time off and away will be really great on your mind, not to mention the communittee of people that you are surrounded with. i can't seem to say enough how happy i am for you - both in your relationship with jenn and for all that you are and will be discovering.
i may not always have time to leave comments (i will certainly try because i know how great it is to feel the love from others while away from home) but i am an avid reader of 'arin' from here on out. wishing you the best,
chelsea

Winnie said...

thank you Arin.

You & Me::Love & Peace. said...

Arin,
I am so excited for you. I am so glad that God has been showing you so much. Thank you for sharing your journey with all of us. It is so encouraging and so much of a reminder for me to yearn for growth in spirit and truth; to actually take part of the day and really spend quiet time with him..all though He is with us every second..just realizing He is here.

I'm really excited for you and Jenn. I saw her at artwalk the other night. :)

Thank you for this. You really are genuine.
Lindsay